lørdag 6. desember 2014

The challenge of Prima's 12 days of Christmas cards - day 10

A few weeks ago, I set myself a challenge to make all the Christmas cards for Prima's 12 days of Christmas. The challenge has really been a huge challenge. Not in creating the cards, but to get hold of the items needed to create them.  


Well, I will admit - I did have quite a bit of Prima papers and embellishments from before..... However, living in Norway, some of the items are difficult to get hold of. I found that thhe Julie Nutting Wooden Dolls are almost impossible to get hold of. None of the larger craft shops in the country have them. I also tried a lot of smaller shops. I even got a friend Laurie Moore, living in the US to help me - and she also tried to find someone who could help.  The deadline was getting closer, and I had about 8 days left for the deadline. Then, Linda S. S., another friend of mine, was doing some DT work with a December kit for a Norwegian online shop. In the corner of her December kit teaser, I found something I recognized....


So a week ago, I got the box of Prima Wooden Dolls ordered. My little problem, is that they have NOT arrived! The computer system in the post office, seems to have no information about the package! There is no more time to get the package through the post, before the end of the deadline. So turning panic into something constructive - I was determined to enter with all the cards. So I had to rethink. I looked through the dolls online. I found that I had got one of the stamps. 


The stamps are large compared to the wood dolls. So my solution was to stamp onto shrink plastic.Then I coloured the stamp with Prismacolor pencils and shrunk the plastic by adding heat.



The card I created, was a simple card this time. There is a shaker box behind the girl, with "snow" glitter inside.



The papers are from The Cigar Box Secrets Collection and Epiphany collection from Prima, The blue flowers are from the November kit. I have also used stencils Gesso and Finnabair's Crackle Texture Paste to create some background effects on the paper.

I am entering these challenges.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Du er nå bare så kreativ og løsningsorientert at jeg blir helt imponert. Smart og kortet ble kjempebra. Ha en fin søndag😃

    SvarSlett
  2. You found a very creative solution to your problem. I like her on shrinky dink stuff! Thanks for joining us for our "Twinkle, Twinkle" Challenge this week at Delightful Challenges! Julie, DT Member

    SvarSlett
  3. http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/This is so pretty - love all the sparkle! Thanks for joining our challenge at

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...